Getting to the site:
- In the interests of safety, we would ask residents to catch the free shuttle bus. The bus will run every 30 minutes or sooner if full, from Friday 11:30 until Monday 03:00, from the Mexborough Arms, stopping at the top of Church Hill and will drop off inside the Yellow Gate
- Unique wristbands will be issued (at the Victory Hall ticket pick up session on 22 August) for Thorner residents and their guests who intend to use the shuttle bus.
- An extra shuttle bus will run between 22:00 and 03:00 on Sunday night/Monday morning
- Thorner Residents only parking is again inside Nova Scotia and parking permits will be available at the Victory Hall when tickets are collected
- Thorner Residents’ drop off / pick up is also inside Nova Scotia
- When leaving Nova Scotia by car, residents should turn left towards Thorner. However if it is congested or busy outside of Nova Scotia then Thorner Residents will be directed down Mangrill Lane and internally routed onto the A64.
- The Thorner Shuttle Bus will be allowed to turn left back to Thorner however if it is congested or busy outside of Nova Scotia then Thorner Residents will be directed down Mangrill Lane and internally routed onto the A64.
- Tickets can then be exchanged for wristbands at the Thorner Resident window which is shared with the Disabled Access cabin at Yellow Gate off Bramham Road
- The Thorner resident cabin opens at 14:00 on Wednesday 23 August along with the guest campsite and will be open from around 09:00 to 21:00 thereafter.
At the site:
- A new entrance “Purple gate” has been created for all non-Thorner guests arriving from the A1 side of the site.
- The guest area and guest bar has been re-located for 2017. If you are facing the main stage the guest area/bar is on the right hand side.
- The guest area and guest bar is expected to open from early evening Thursday 24 August as the main arena opens. This may be subject to delay depending on health and safety inspections inside the arena
- Guest camping for all guests has also been relocated to inside Purple Gate. Thorner Residents who are camping and wish to come to Purple Gate to collect their wristband can do so from the Guest Check in cabin.
- The route from yellow gate to the guest area will be via the Disabled Campsite (which is the old guest campsite) and into the arena
- There will be a mini bus timetable below to transport any residents from Yellow Gate to Purple Gate. This service has been created for any residents with camping equipment wishing to access the guest campsite.
- Yellow Gate Internal Bus Stop – Purple Gate Internal Bus Stop (Staff & Thorner Residents)
- Weds 23rd: 2pm – 9pm
- Thurs 24th: 9am – 9pm
- Fri 25th: 9am – 9pm
- Sat 26th: 9am – 9pm
- Sun 27th: 9am – 9pm
- Mon 28th: 9am – 2pm